Ben and Laurie's Seminary Expenses Fund

Click here to give to Ben and Laurie's Seminary Fund. We deeply appreciate your support!

Friday, July 16, 2010

yummy childhood goodness with a twist

Today I found out some great news... some TASTY great news. Two of my fondest, tastiest treats from my childhood have joined forces to create what I believe will be one of the yummiest treats out there.

Before I unveil this new creation, here's a brief background of the two treats i grew up with.

The first treat:
http://marvelousgirl.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/free-krispy-kreme-donuts.jpg
photo credit

When i was in elementary school, the only Krispy Kreme shop nearby was located in Daytona, FL. Therefore, whenever we would venture to the beach, we would also stop at Krispy Kreme and enjoy some doughnuts!! It was a win win situation! Beach time and doughnuts. I never imagined that a better combo could be born...until today.

The second treat:
http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly/vnc/pics/moore/cheerwine2.jpg
photo credit

Cheerwine. Ahhhh... Love it still to this day! For those of you who don't know, it's a soda that has a very distinct taste, almost similar to dr. pepper cherry vanilla. It too was hard to come by, since it is only available in the Carolinas. I connect my love with Cheerwine with childhood memories of cabins and family vacations there. My grandparents rented out cabins (and eventually built their own) in North Carolina and we had quite a few family gatherings there through the years. Oftentimes, my sister and i would insist on having our parents bring back a few 12 packs of Cheerwine to Florida!

And now, the great unveiling...


photo credit

The Krispy Kreme Cheerwine Doughnut!!!
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/07/16/krispy-kreme-cheerwine-doughnut-announced-lets-brainstorm-other-ultimate-southern-collaborations/

And this makes me VERY excited! Especially because i'll be heading down to North Carolina next week where I will be able to indulge in this fabulous combo!! When i return, i will post my review.

No comments: