Ben and Laurie's Seminary Expenses Fund

Click here to give to Ben and Laurie's Seminary Fund. We deeply appreciate your support!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

the little colorful buds

It has been such a long time since i last wrote a post. This lack of communication is for good reason - my life took an incredible turn which left me without much time to do much of anything but enjoy, plan, and live. The "budding" relationship i mentioned in one of my last posts turned into an engagement which turned into marriage! Ben asked for my hand in marriage on March 27, 2009 to which i of course reponded "yes! yes! yes!!" The next six months was devoted to wedding planning. We pulled off a glorious celebration of our love and future together with much help from our friends and family. In fact, we couldnt have done it without this help! We were incredibly humbled by the willingness of so many people to contribute their talents and time to our big day. The big day was on October 17, 2009. We felt the presence of God in such powerful ways all day long. And oh the joy!!! We were praising Him for all of his many blessings that brought us to this special day. We've now been married for over five months! Time has flown by as we have set up our life together. We have an adorable apartment and have been learning what it's like to combine our lives with someone else's. And it's been a fantastic journey!

My friend Katie pointed out in her blog that the buds on the New York City trees magically appeared yesterday. I too noticed this, along with, i am sure, most other New Yorkers. And i love it! Every year at this time, my friend Cady notices the "new green" as she calls it, that shows up on the trees. It's a bit brighter, more fresh and alive looking. It's just so refreshing to see all of these new colors appear all around me! For me, it's a sign of new possibilities on the horizon, new opportunities just around the corner, new relationships to develop... New, new, new!! Not only that, but taking the old and cultivating it to become something even better. And this makes me excited to see what new colors are going to show up in my own life and in the lives of the family and friends who i love so dearly.

It also makes me in awe of God. That He would create plants to be cyclical like this, so that we can be reminded each and every year of the hope we have and of the freshness of new seasons.

So thank you, little colorful buds! You havent even been around for a week and yet have already brought so many smiles to my face!!

No comments: